About Meridian DBA
The City of Meridian is the second-largest city in Idaho and has been the fastest growing city in Idaho since 1994.
From its beginnings in the late 1800s, Meridian situated itself as a business and activity center with the establishment of the creamery and the dairy industry. Meridian’s importance continued to grow and was reinforced by a diversity of industries and businesses including fruit growing, and a shipping and packing industry. The City’s central location in the Treasure Valley and proximity to transportation arterials also made it convenient for the location of industry and business.
Today, Meridian is an attractive place to live, work and play. Meridian is diverse on several scales and appeals to people with various backgrounds. The City offers residents and visitors a mature community with a strong and vibrant economic base, noteworthy historical architecture, scenic open space and natural features, a unique local culture, and a small town atmosphere with a textured landscape which includes distinct neighborhoods, rural farmsteads, a civic core and a traditional Main Street.
With a clear vision for the future, Meridian Downtown embraces the past and is in tune with current trends. The City of Meridian’s slogan,“Built for Business - Designed for Living,” embodies the Meridian Downtown's character as a family-friendly, community-focused, vibrant destination in the heart of the Treasure Valley.
Events, Activities, and Attractions in Meridian Downtown
- Annual Dairy Days Parade
- Christmas in Meridian Night Lights Parade, Tree Lighting, and Decorating Contest
- Generation's Plaza
- Growing Farmer's Market: Meridian Main Street Market
- Concerts on Broadway Fall Concert Series
- Playin' in the Plaza Summer Concert Series
- Returning to Meridian Downtown in 2020: unBound--The Meridian Library District's Technology and Education Facility
- Excellent Restaurants and Patio Dining
- Generous Happy Hours
- Community Center
- Harvest Transit for Seniors, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities